Internship at the United Nations Development Program Tourism Project
Tourism Development project seeks candidates for an internship in UNDP Ankara office, Turkey.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Subject: Communications Intern to work under the scope of Tourism Development in Eastern Anatolia Project
Location: Ankara UN Building and Home Office
Starting Date / Duration: May 2012 (min 2 months – max 3 months)
A- PROJECT BACKGROUND
Tourism Development in Eastern Anatolia Project (TDEAP) jointly executed by Ministry of Culture and Tourism and United Nations Development Programme with the support of EFES Company aims to contribute to the living standards of local people by enhancing tourist activities in Coruh Valley, in general. The Region has a great tourism potential owing to not only its striking biodiversity and cultural heritage with gorgeous medieval era monuments but also its unique natural and geographical features making the Region as a major destination for many outdoor sports-based tourism activities, including trekking, mountain biking, rafting, bird-watching, etc. www.coruhvalley.com / www.datur.com
Current State of Affairs
Although two web pages are dedicated to the promotion of the region and the project, update of the existing sites and developing a promotion strategy through social media is needed. A communications intern will work under the Tourism Development in Eastern Anatolia Region Project within the Poverty Reduction Portfolio of UNDP Turkey Office.
B- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update of the websites (www.coruhvalley.com / www.datur.com) with new informations/reports/event news etc. produced within the project
- Keep up to date on new social media tools (www.facebook.com/coruhvadisi ),
- Explore best practice and how other touristic regions are using them in order to create new advertising opportunities
- Communicate with key bloggers relevant to the subject of area
- Provide regular updates on relevant global websites (i.e tripadvisor, travelmagazine) with the contents of accomodation facilities, historical/natural features of the region, outdoor sports etc.
C- COMPETENCIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
Education: University graduate (Telecommunications, computer sciences, journalism, anthropology, sociology, tourism administration, city planning, regional development etc.)
Language: Turkish and English. Fluency in both — written and spoken– is required.
Availability: Must be available at least three days a week (spent in the UN Building, Ankara)
Please send your applications to email@example.com not later than 23 April 2012.
Please be aware that internships with UNDP are not paid.